Re: Series 2 Dash

To: <alpines@autox.team.net>, <bob.berghult@lmco.com>
Subject: Re: Series 2 Dash
From: "Ian Spencer" <SpenceIC@Healthall.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 10:02:06 -0500
The Series II grey dash is not correct for the Series 3 GT and wouldn't be an
acceptable substitute even if it was veneered. The dash you are looking at on
eBay is made from bakelite and is formed with raised areas around the gauges
and heater control levers.. The one on the GT is flat marine ply with a burled
walnut veneer and extends the full length of the cockpit. The Series II dash
stops at the glove box. Your best option is to buy one of the wood dash boards
from Rick or Curt. They are VERY, very  nice reproductions of the original dash
boards and it will give you the correct look for your car. In my opinion, they
are worth the money spent vs. manufacturing your own. I have made my own wood
dashboards and had very good results... BUT, in hind sight... I'll simply buy
the repro's in the future. My time considered along with the amount of work,
it's cheaper to buy the repro. Just my opinion. - Ian

>>> "Berghult, Bob" <bob.berghult@lmco.com> 06/21/01 07:40AM >>>
Hi all,
    In the process of restoring our Series 3 GT, about the last thing we
have to do is restore the dash.  There is a Series 2 gray dash on eBay right
now.  The question is will a Series 2 dash fit our Series 3 GT?  Or, is
there some one out there that has one that will fit.  We have someone that
will be glad to refinish one by adding the veneer.  Any help, comments, or
etc, would be greatly appreciated.

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem
<http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=592510955
> &item=592510955