Re: flipping a tiger

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: flipping a tiger
From: Whiteford Andy <A.G.Whiteford@gcal.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 09:38:32 +0100
After a spell away from car restoration,
I've been constructing a similar "rotisserie" to finish off the welding on
my Ser III body.

Looking at the photo on the last page of the article, I'd definitely
recommend fitting
a bracing structure across both the door gaps- I'm using 40x40x3mm angle
iron,
one length welded into  each door gap. (The can doors still fit on, if
required)

Otherwise the weight of the car will try to fold itself in half, even if the
metal work is
totally sound - the join between the "cabin" and the rear third is quite
flexible.
Structural integrity will be worse in a 35 year old car,
if you start chopping out up to 3 layers of sills( rockers), B-posts,
cruciform ends and front spring hangers, etc...

-Andy-