Electrical problem

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Electrical problem
From: "Christopher Albers" <Christopher.Albers@bubbs.biola.edu>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 14:54:51 -0700
Since I'm too lazy to look into the trouble shooting sections of my
manual...

the ignition will not turn over.  There is no power to the ignition when
it's switched on, however,  the car will start when jumped, but will cut
out after a few moments.  The battery is fine.  I read nearly 13 volts at
the battery & the starter solenoid.  I have a GM alternator and have
bypassed all the Lucas crap.  The alt light (next to ignition) does not
come on anymore.  No accessories will work with ignition on (only when car
is running).

Where should I look first?  I believe I have a short somewhere.

CNA