Re: rear suspension

To: <alpines@autox.team.net>, <chris.rife@vanderbilt.edu>
Subject: Re: rear suspension
From: "Ian Spencer" <SpenceIC@Healthall.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2001 10:55:52 -0500
The rebound straps were made from canvas. I don't know a length off the top of
my head. I'd need to do some measuring. The shocks can be refilled with
motorcycle fork oil. Put the shock in a vice and fill it with oil. Work the
bubbles out slowly by cycling the lever up and down to it's full range.

>>> Chris <chris.rife@vanderbilt.edu> 06/27/01 09:20AM >>>
Hi,

I am working on cleaning up the rear end of my SII, and I've got a
couple of questions regarding the suspension...

I took off and cleaned the lever shocks, and what oil there was in them
was not pretty. Is there a particular method or cleaning solution to
clean the gunk out of them? Also, what oil should I use to refill them?

All that's left of my rebound straps are a few little shreds where they
were attached to the frame. What kind of material were these made of,
and to what length were they cut?

Thanks,
Chris
'63 SII