Orphaned S1

To: "alpines@autox.team.net" <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Orphaned S1
From: Brent Kasl <kasl100@navix.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2001 13:14:01 -0500
My wife and I needed to travel South through Kansas over the weekend.
Their was discussion on the list regarding orphaned cars seen abandoned
from the road. We spotted a S1 in the middle of a mud lot. I could tell
because of the fins and the lack of chrome reinforced front window bar
on the door. No top, which makes me think this car is probably a basket
case since it was sitting in cow manure and mud. It is not my idea of a
restoration project. We never could fine the access road to the
farmstead and gave up. The cars are still out their if you keep your
eyes open. Brent