Old Question

To: "alpines@autox.team.net" <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Old Question
From: Brent Kasl <kasl100@navix.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2001 08:29:48 -0500
I would like to revisit an old topic on speedo accuracy, OD and rear end
ratio. My S2 has the correct speedo in the car for a 1961 with OD. I
have a non-operational OD in the car, and a later S5 rear end in the
car. Of course my speed reading is way off by about 25-30 mph. What is
the best way to bring the reading back into close specs? I know an
in-line converter can be purchased to mount between the tailshaft speed
drive and the cable. And I also understand, based on comments from the
list, that a speed head teeth correction can also be done. Seems as if
the in-line is less messy and less expensive. Any ideas? I believe the
problems stems from my incorrect later Apine rear end gearing. Thanks
Brent