Temp Gauge

To: "alpines@autox.team.net" <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Temp Gauge
From: ellis838@concentric.net
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2001 19:52:51 -0400
 There must be a temperature gauge bug going around guess I caught it at
the Invasion. Checked the wire checked the voltage off the little gizmo
under the dash swapped the gauge with another one still did not work.
Talked to a friend who does auto restoration for a living he told me to
ground the wire that attaches to the sending unit, and if the gauge
gives a full scale reading the sending unit is bad...well tried it and
the gauge pegged to the right, put in a different sending unit and
problem solved. Should have talked to him first...  Jim