Re: [Re: [Re: ['53 Alpine transmission]]]

To: chuck nicodemus <armorseal@spiretech.com>,
Subject: Re: [Re: [Re: ['53 Alpine transmission]]]
From: Jan Eyerman <jan.eyerman@usa.net>
Date: 17 Jul 2001 20:26:38 EDT
Surprising as American cars had MUCH better linkage then the Rootes cars.  It
was rare that the American linkage got out of adjustment (although it
sometimes did).  Second gear was the problem in American cars as that one was
the closest to the wind shield.

Jan Eyerman

chuck nicodemus <armorseal@spiretech.com> wrote:
After your discription of the shifting>>>> I remember my Dad, he had lost his
right hand and his hook broke several windshields in the Plymouth and the old
Kiaser, Mom always thank the good guys who made automatics.
Just a thought.
chuck