RE: RRX

To: <alpines@autox.team.net>, <russell@pbirwin.com.au>
Subject: RE: RRX
From: "Ian Spencer" <SpenceIC@Healthall.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 07:54:43 -0500
The owner of this car (Series II) has had it for 30 years. He tells me that the
original owner brought the car over from France, but I don't think that is the
case. I've had cars from France before and they always had another data tag
written in French. They weren't RHD either. - Ian

Ian Spencer
Client Services
University Hospital
Health Alliance of Greater Cincinnati
(513) 584-0365

>>> Russell Maddock <russell@pbirwin.com.au> 08/20/01 12:49AM >>>
Just a thought, but could it be an order through Rootes' overseas delivery
scheme? I'm not entirely certain how the scheme worked, but I believe a car
could be ordered specially for delivery anywhere in the world.

If a car was to special order rather than for delivery to the usual overseas
concessionaire, they may have used the `X' in the code.

Russ