Re: Olds and legacy of dead marques (was Picking Nits Big Time)

To: "Bob Douglas" <b_s_d@ureach.com>, "Bill Blue"
Subject: Re: Olds and legacy of dead marques (was Picking Nits Big Time)
From: "Michael Proper" <proper.mike@accentleasing.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 12:45:42 -0400
Being from Lansing myself, Olds is a big loss to out community even though
several years back they changed the old production lines here to the B.O.C.
nameplate. (Buick , Olds, Cadillac). A few years ago 2-3 Olds moved its
world headquarters from Downtown Lansing in the Burbs of Detroit. It was at
that point most people here in the area knew that the olds Name was gone
forever. At least in our hearts. Sad to see it go .

Mike Proper
67 SV
Lansing, Mi.

F.Y.I.   --- Dodge was also Born Here in Lansing. And I watched as the Old
Dimond REO plant went up in a fire back in the 70's. Man those 55 Gallon
Barrels of whatever they were sure went skyward when they blew.