Re: Error tags...

To: SJC Worldwide <ssage@socal.rr.com>, alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Error tags...
From: Ian Spencer <ian@sunbeamalpine.org>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 21:15:53 -0400
Steve,
I'm not sure why they quit stamping the serial number directly on the
bulkhead either. It stopped with the introduction of the Series 3. I
respectfully have to disagree with you about number tag trivia being
boring though. I actually have a lot of fun collecting the Alpine
registry and comparing all the numbers. There is a lot to be learned
from them and in some cases we can actually see patterns forming for
different colors and the weeks they were painting them. I guess I've
just entered the most extreme stages of this disease OR my obsessive
compulsiveness is beginning to show :-)

--
Ian Spencer <www.sunbeamalpine.org>
'61 Series II Alpine B9104704 LRX