Re: Monster Motor BUILD SHEET !!!!!!!

To: <MrZAG57@aol.com>, "Alpine list" <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Monster Motor BUILD SHEET !!!!!!!
From: "Greg Locke" <glocke@ihug.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 14:39:27 +1300
Hi Eric

This is indeed a great engine, thankyou so much for sharing the details of
it with us. Your attention to detail should hopefully reward you with many
miles of happy thrashing. What sort of revs are you running at present?150hp
with twin zeniths is indeed impressive. It would be interesting to see what
would happen with a pair of webbers (an engine that will actually deserve
45s too). The amazing thing though, is that this engine would look
completely stock from outside, which I understand is part of the regulations
for your class. Here in NZ webbers are usually the first mod that happens,
not really the best first step, and even with much work, most are only
getting to around 130hp.

I remember reading that the 2100cc engines that were once developed were
putting out around 200hp, I don't know how reliably though. I imagine with
the webbers on your lump, a reliable 175 would be there with careful tuning,
maybe more.

yum

Greg