RE: Panhard Rods

To: Bill Blue <dablue@worldnet.att.net>, alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Panhard Rods
From: Jarrid Gross <JGross@econolite.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 16:26:43 -0800
>When you stated it was needed with wide tires I got the impression it was
>needed to cure the rubbing problem.  Seems it should be used on all tire
>sizes to improve handling, regardless of tire rubbing.
>Bill.

Actually its an issue where the wider tire and the enhanced lateral handling
causes spring and bushing deflection.  The tires sidewall flexes enough to
allow it to touch the springs.  The spring and bushing deflection can be
cured with a panhard or a watts linkage.  the sidewall flex however cannot
be cured without speed reduction.

Jarrid