Collective Sunbeam nouns Was Re: Gear Ratios

To: chuck nicodemus <armorseal@spiretech.com>
Subject: Collective Sunbeam nouns Was Re: Gear Ratios
From: Victor Hughes <hughes@scides.canberra.edu.au>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2001 13:45:15 +1100
Chuck

Clatter of Sceptres?  As a Sceptre is a Staff of office I figured if you
had a bunch them they would rattle or clatter a bit.  Didn't want to use
rattle, as that should be reserved for the Reliant Sabre (another LBC) -
hence a Rattle of Sabres. How about ......

A Scattering of Sunbeams
A Range of Alpines
A Growl of Tigers
A Thrust of Rapiers

How about a Conjunction of Commers (particularly proud of that one) or a
Chorus of Singers?

> > Brock Commodore (Collective noun a Thunder!)
>
> Did you mean Commode?

Not really But I see where you're going with this, particularly in
Australia where a 'Privvy' is known as a 'thunder-box'.  Its just that
Brock Commodores (an Aus only car) have V8s and tend to have loud-ish
exhausts.....

Cheers

Vic