Re: Color on Hard Top

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Color on Hard Top
From: Robert Dobrowski <rsdslp@juno.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2001 11:23:25 -0800
Interesting
Now you really have my curiosity up.
I have a basket case Series I Alpine sitting in front of my house that
was originally Moonstone and repainted black.
The black paint on the hardtop is peeling to reveal Moonstone paint
underneath.
I had assumed that the hardtop was originally painted moonstone to match
the body by the factory.
Does this mean that there is a layer factory black paint under the
moonstone on the hardtop?

On Wed, 12 Dec 2001 12:43:48 -0500 Ian Spencer <ian@sunbeamalpine.org>
writes:
> Bob,
> I would use Moonstone. However, white was not the factory color on
> early hardtops, only
> black. So, there's no knowing what color was actually used on the
> Sebring race cars...
> unless we could actually get our hands on one! :-)
>
> "Berghult, Bob" wrote:
>
> > On the SunbeamaAlpine.org web site, does anyone know what color
> white is
> > used on the MPG clip showing the Series II in Seacrest Green
> number 41 race
> > car?  We have a Series II with the color code 30 and want to paint
> the top
> > white.  Any ideas?
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Bob Berghult
> > Series II, B9119501 LSRX SB 30 (wife's)
> > Series 3, B9203825 LRX GT 39 (son's)
> > Series IV, B9405637 LRX 39 (mine)
> >
> > [demime 0.97c removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a
> name of image001.jpg]

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!