virus/trojan horse

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: virus/trojan horse
From: PApple16@aol.com
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2001 12:40:15 EST
Hi Folks:
 I was recently hit by an old virus pattern. Seeing as some of you are in my
address book I felt I should pass this along.
look for an imbedded program   sofunny.exe or love.Exe. also msdos423.
msdos423 will show up in your task manager when you are on line. this nasty
little program steals passwords, as well as forwards its self to every 1 in
your mail lists.
Norton will remove it, or you can enter "safe mode" and delete
sofunny.exe,msdos423,sofunny.ini  this only works if you are in safe mode.

if anyone picked this up from me, my apologies
Paul in RI