Re: Sandblasting,Blasting Cabinets and Chemical Dipping

To: "Dan Eiland" <deiland1@elp.rr.com>, "Tiger List"
Subject: Re: Sandblasting,Blasting Cabinets and Chemical Dipping
From: "Carl McLelland" <carlynneracing@charter.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 23:53:11 -0700
One last word on sandblasters and sandblasting. Last summer I bought a 40
pound pressure sandblaster from Harbor Freight. I needed to strip the frame
on my Lotus 61. After building a rotisserie and mounting the frame, I
"tented" my garage by stapling plastic to the ceiling and taping it to the
floor. I also put two filters across the air conditioner/heater air intake,
and completely taped the door leading from the shop into the laundry room. I
thought I was pretty "air tight".

The first day all went well..... Extremily dirty work!! The second day it
was exceptionally hot in the house so my wife turned on the air conditioner.
This sucked the 'dust' into the house! MY WIFE WENT BALLISTIC!!!!!!

Guys, looking for an instant divorce? Wait until later to find a girlfriend!
In the meantime, buy a sand blaster!!! Guaranteed to work!!!!!!

Next time, it's going to be done by a professional AT HIS SHOP!!! Cost isn't
an issue here!!
    Carl
        CSRG/HSR-West series 1 Sunbeam Alpine
                                        Lotus 61 formula Ford