Re: Sheet Metal gauge

To: 110156.3206@compuserve.com
Subject: Re: Sheet Metal gauge
From: jumpinjan <jservaites@woh.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 01 May 2002 18:24:24 -0700
Carl,
        I would saw out the parts quickly with a sawzall and then clean off the
surrounding metal with the spot weld cutter per Lou's tip. Use the MIG,
forget the gas. The sheet metal is 20 gauge. The best strength comes
with spot welding, and plug welding is not as strong. I actually avoid
any plug welding if I can. If you are repairing a rusted battery case, I
usually bend up a replacement on my metal brake instead of replacing the
whole battery box. You will be spending a lot of extra man-hours, but
it's your call. 3m makes a weld-through zinc primer that I recomend
between the metal.
Jan
--