Re: Engine Question

To: jservaites@woh.rr.com
Subject: Re: Engine Question
From: "O.K. Welty" <okwelty@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 05 May 2002 09:37:07 -0500
I should have cleaned the tops of the pistons off and looked. This is not
the first engine I have torn down but is the first Rootes engine. The
pistons are marked +.040. There I some slight hone marking left in the cyls.
and when I said there was no ridge I realy meant that there was almost no
ridge. There is a slight carbon build up in the top of the cyls. I am also
wondering if the dist. from my 1600 will work or do I need another dist as I
did not get a dist with the car? I am going to open it up monday at work and
check the bearings etc. The DPO did not keep track of his bolts very well
when he did the motor because ther are about 4 different fastners in the oil
pan including machine screws to hold it on. I am almost afraid to see inside
now!

Thanks Everyone
O.K. Welty III