Re: [Re: Car Recovered / Electric fuel valves]

To: Jeff <jeff@v8tiger.demon.co.uk>, Jarrid Gross <JGross@econolite.com>
Subject: Re: [Re: Car Recovered / Electric fuel valves]
From: Jan Eyerman <jan.eyerman@usa.net>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 18:08:35 -0400
The chain and lamp post works quite well for a Hillman.  Many years`ago when I
lived in New York City I used to do that.  After a year I got a letter from
the city thanking me for discouraging people from stealing lamp posts.

Jan Eyermnan
1973 Hillman Avenger DL
1962 Hillman Minx

Jeff <jeff@v8tiger.demon.co.uk> wrote:
HI Jarrid,

the best way I have found to disable fuel injected cars is to put an
isolation switch on the fuel pump.

These are higher pressure and the car will not run without them.

If you turn on the ignition and you hear a buzz for a few seconds and
then it stops, it has a pump which builds up pressure and then cuts off
until you start the engine.

My old VW Golf (rabbit) had one under the back seat so I fitted a switch
in line with the feed. - make sure you use a quality switch and decent
wiring as the car will cut out if it fails.

The switch was then mounted in a suitable hidden location and the car
was attempted to be stolen twice - it never moved!

Less practical solutions are a german shepherd in the glove box or the
use of a long chain, a padlock and an adjacent lamp post!

regards

Jeff

In message <AAEA464D7AADD5119034009027F700509C27D1@ARROYOMAIL>, Jarrid
Gross <JGross@econolite.com> writes