Drive Shaft Replacement

To: Alpine List <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Drive Shaft Replacement
From: Bill & Denise Harben <harben@surfbest.net>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 21:58:45 -0700
Hi all,

I am struggling installing the drive shaft on my Series IV body/Series V
engine. It is as if the splines don't quite match the transmission
although the shaft does go onto the splines about 1/8 inch.  But that's
where it stops!  I do believe the union between the output shaft and
thedrive shaft must be fluid since there is some lateral movement when
the suspension is displaced.

So, does anybody know if there were differences between Series IV and V
for the transmission and drive shaft?

Any other thoughts?

Thanks,

Bill Harben