Re: brake squeal

To: Russell Maddock <russell@pbirwin.com.au>
Subject: Re: brake squeal
From: Ron Tebo <mrtebo@telus.net>
Date: Thu, 01 Aug 2002 06:20:47 -0600
Russell:
Here are four articles I archived during that discussion. Looks like your
fellow Australians
may have some of the best solutions!

Ron Tebo

Subject: Re: Brake anti-squeal goo
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 05:31:55 EST
From: JACranwell@cs.com
To: p_heuer@hotmail.com, alpines@autox.team.net

Try softening the goo with hot water, then separating with a flat blade,
taking care not to damage the rubber piston dust cover.

The best way to avoid squeal is to use the anti-squeal shims which fit
between the piston and pad. You can also coat this shim on both sides with
copper grease as an added precaution.

All SIII onwards Alpines should have these shims. I'm not sure about the
earlier Alpines.

Regards,

    Julian.