OFF TOPIC (kind of)

To: chuck nicodemus <armorseal@spiretech.com>, <JACranwell@aol.com>
Subject: OFF TOPIC (kind of)
From: Jan Eyerman <jan.eyerman@usa.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 15:07:45 -0500
It was claimed back in the fifties that fins helped stability at high
speeds!!!  Therefore, if you are building a 150+ MPH Alpine, I would recommend
using the Series I-III version rather then the Series IV & V.

Jan Eyerman
1973 Hillman Avenger (alas, no fins at all-so I don't dare go over 85MPH)
1962 Hillman Minx Series IIIC Convertible (tiny little flipped over fins, so
it is safe at 85 MPH if only the engine could get it to go that fast!)

chuck nicodemus <armorseal@spiretech.com> wrote:
Fins make an Alpine....
All the rest just wallow in the wind. With no fins no control.!
There that'l start it.
Chuck  Ser ll. ~(8=)