Re: Question about alternator, OD and manifold

To: TLKSRHOME@aol.com
Subject: Re: Question about alternator, OD and manifold
From: Jay_Laifman@countrywide.com
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 17:08:30 -0800
Thanks.  There was another issue.  The Jet Coated manifold keeps leaking
at the head.  I've tried different orders of gaskets and different amounts
of tightening.  The surfaces are flat.  In fact, they were bolted to a dry
head when the other ends of the tubes were connected together.  I'm
thinking about trying to use a form a gasket material.  But, the high temp
stuff at my local Pep Boys is the one with copper in it and I don't think
that even with the copper and labelled "high temp" it can withstand the
heat at the exhaust output.  Anyone with suggestions of alternative high
temp form a gasket stuff?  Yeah, I know, the good stuff is illegal now as
toxic.

Jay

TLKSRHOME@aol.com
11/20/2002 05:00 PM