Tech Tip!

To: "Alpine, Message" <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Tech Tip!
From: "Thomas Wiencek" <wiencek@anl.gov>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 09:29:56 -0600
Tech Tip!

Our Tech Tip this week is from Curtis Hale - Thanks Curtis

I wanted to clean my MGB's engine bay but, not wanting to give
Lucas--the Prince of Darkness and Isolation--any more opportunity with
my patchwork English/American wiring, I was reluctant to use the hose or
anything involving water.  I wondered how I was going to clean around
the wiring and fuse box.  I hit upon the idea of using some waterless
hand cleaner with a toothbrush.  Worked like a charm.  I wouldn't
suggest using any of the cleaners that have grit in them, for the sake
of the paint.  I used the Castrol brand, because it's relatively smooth,
waterless AND towelless.  Just keep working with it until it starts
rolling up into little balls of dirt.  It eventually dries and you can
brush it right off with the toothbrush.  If you have a really dirty
engine, you can use a larger brush where you aren't working around the
wiring.