RE: Weber intake size and alternator information

To: JGross@econolite.com
Subject: RE: Weber intake size and alternator information
From: Jay_Laifman@countrywide.com
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 14:44:45 -0800
I should add that yes, the Holbay head did not have intake runners this
large.  My mechanic opened them up to match the Weber throats.  And,
again, my car is very tractible and responsive at the low end too.  I'm
not convinced that Rootes/Holbay did the right thing in the first place,
especially given the nice running I have.

Taking it one step further, where I'm bound to trip, intuitively, it seems
wrong.  The issue is the size of the throats of the carbs for the size of
the engine.  It's like blowing with your mouth wide open versus with your
lips puckered.  That makes sense to me.  But, to restrict the flow after
the carbs have already mixed the atomized gas with the air seems like a
misplaced cure that basically kills the very benefit in the first place.
If the carbs were so incorrectly big, they should have started from the
top with smaller carbs.  But, from my experience, I don't think they were
too big either.  Again, as I said, with this step, I will probably trip.

Jay

"Jarrid Gross" <JGross@econolite.com>
11/25/2002 12:04 PM