Re: Fitting the Parts

To: RSWiser@aol.com
Subject: Re: Fitting the Parts
From: jumpinjan <jservaites@woh.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 07 Dec 2002 17:17:10 -0800
RSWiser@aol.com wrote:
> #1.  Anyone have a good trick to line up the doors, hood, & trunk.

It's a iterative process unless the hinges were somewhat marked before
they were removed. You need to just snug the screw so it's possible to
move the hinges, then snug down one screw in each hinge and check fit.
If not enough alignment, loosen the one screw move the hinge slightly in
the correct direction, tighten and check the fit. If your hinge pins are
worn, you will never get them fit right. It can take some considerable
time to fit the doors.

> #2.  What size is the door hinge bolt.  I need to run a tap in a couple nuts,

5/16-24 NF

> #3.  Has anyone tried accessing the hood bolts with the hood closed from
> beneath?  I put my hand under there and they seem to be accessable.

It's possible to do, the bottom screws(that secure the hood) on the hood
hinge are more accessible than the ones above.
Jan

--