Re: Priming brake light switch

To: ellis838@concentric.net
Subject: Re: Priming brake light switch
From: robert.m.bailey@att.net
Date: Mon, 03 Feb 2003 16:20:43 +0000
I may have been the one who spoke of priming the switch.  All I know is that
bleeding the system wasn't working.  I bled the system and it felt just like it
always does but the switch wouldn't work.  If I rapped the switch with a
wrench, it would work.  I'd turn off the ignition, turn it back on and it
wouldn't work.  I figured that if there is a pocket of air in the switch, that
can't be good. So I took a syringe and filled the switch with fluid.

I think what finally made the switch work was exercising it and freeing it up.
I carefully took a thin bit of dowel and moved the diaphram inside the switch a
couple of dozen times.  Then I installed it, bled it and it worked.  So far so
good. God only knows how long these switches have been sitting in their boxes
before they come to us.