budget alpine autocrosser

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: budget alpine autocrosser
From: stephen jones <joness@wsu.edu>
Date: Wed, 07 May 2003 14:01:38 -0700
The latest issue of Grass Roots Motorsports has a story on the $2002
challenge of making a budget autocrosser for $2002 (this year it is going
to be $2003).   In looking back through some of the old posting there have
been some performance threads (like those captured in Jerome's Sunbeam
Pages) but none that I could find that list out real specifically what can
be done to make an Alpine competitive in something like this.   Are there
any specific ideas out there on how to do it on a budget?  springs, sway
bars, carbs, etc?   It seems like its time for an update on this type of
discussion (sorry if I've missed one lately but it seems its been a few
years).  Just looking for local autocrosses, but not necessarily street
legal and nothing on a national scale.

thanks, steve jones
Series V,  soon to be budget autocrosser, (was ex-Alabama Football Coach
Mike Price's car, no kidding.)
Series I,  rusty roller
Tiger Mk I