Touring vs. Sports/GT (Vancouver ABFM)

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Touring vs. Sports/GT (Vancouver ABFM)
From: Ryan Ogg <ogg@cs.ubc.ca>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 19:04:16 -0700 (PDT)
Hi All,

Please excuse my ignorance, but what qualifies as a touring car, as
opposed to a sports/GT car?  I'm filling out my registration to enter my
SII in the Vancouver ABFM, and the only classes that seem applicable are
"Post-War Touring '60s+" and "Post-War Sports, GT '60s+" (don't get me
started about them having a specific Sunbeam Tiger class! :-)

So what exactly is difference?

Also, I hope to see more Alpines there this year, since there is usually
only one lone entrant.  I think I saw that Ohan Korlikian was going to be
entering as well, but the more the merrier.

Thanks,

Ryan Ogg
1963 SII Alpine