engine question

To: "Alpine Discussion List" <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: engine question
From: "Bill Mounce" <bmounce@ptd.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 16:19:25 -0500
Gents (and ladies):

Just back from a weekend working on my SV, got the clutch and brakes working,
and ran the engine.  Managed to barf 5 gallons of gasoline (bad tank
connection) and who knows how much coolant (cracked t'stat housing) on my
uncle's garage floor, but he was good humored about it and we got the old nail
going for 10 or 15 minutes.  Oil pressure stayed up, no crunches in the
synchros, life is good.

In my pile of parts that came with the car is a disassembled engine with three
main bearings, so not a 1725.  Does anyone want it?  Cost of shipping and a
real desire to put this together is all I ask.  Not sure if everything is
there, but it looks it.  I will be working on it again in January, let me
know.  I may be able to get my uncle to get a SN off the block.  Any takers?
I hate throwing this stuff out.

Bill