Series 3/5 question

To: <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Series 3/5 question
From: "Matthew Bouchelle" <66Tiger@ij.net>
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2003 21:12:22 -0500
I went to look at a rust bucket series 3 today that is up for sale locally
and the only part I found on it that was of interest was the oil pan.  Not
being an Alpine owner, I'm not sure if this was a stock part or not but what
this car has is a 1725 series 5 engine in it but the oil pan is aluminum.
It has ribs on the outide and there was an embossed word on the right side
that was maybe 8 or 9 characters long and started with A (but definitely not
Alpine).  Oh, it also had a rusty header on it.

Any ideas whether the oil pan is a rare part and would change my mind about
acquiring this sad hulk of should I let it go to the crusher?

Thanks,
Matt
B9472103