Vince Tamburo

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Vince Tamburo
From: milano164@comcast.net
Date: Thu, 06 May 2004 21:48:33 +0000
There is information on Vince on the www.racingalpines.org website.
Including his competition results.

Vince won the National Championship in 1960.   He had strong connections
with Rootes and some support.   I am not sure what happened but he
only raced at Sebring (with the factory) and Cumberland in 1961 (in a
car loaned to him.  The car wasn't really prepared and the
seat came adrift but he still managed to take 4th, Sesslar won the race).

As for what happened to the car I am not sure.   I have seen the car in one
other photo in later years racing at Bridgehampton.  No telling what happened
to it.

BTW< Vince is still around, located in Maryland.  I have talked to him
before. If an event was happening in the Maryland area it would be neat to
invite him as a guest.

If anyone knows of any Alpine which was raced in the 60's, drop me a message.
Even if it were destroyed.   I like to keep the records on these cars if
possible.

Steven Silverstein