Tech Tip

To: "Alpine, Message" <alpines@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Tech Tip
From: Thomas Wiencek <wiencek@anl.gov>
Date: Mon, 01 Nov 2004 09:17:37 -0600
Brake Caliper Rebuilding- Piston Removal
I am rebuilding my brake calipers, on my 72 MGB. They were seized.  I
found that my brake old brake hose gave me the perfect connection to my
air compressor air nozzle.  Just remove the threaded tip on the average
air nozzle, and the smaller male thread which threads into your steel
brake line fits perfect.  This allows you to use your air compressor to
push out your brake pistons, with a perfect air line seal. BE CAREFUL,
MOVE UP THE PRESSURE IN SMALL INCREMENTS, until you get a pressure that
will move the pistons. Remember to put blocking in the space between the
pistons, so you don't push one out all the way without freeing the
other. I had to move my pressure up to 125 psi to move one of the
pistons.

Check out the new British Cars Forum: