Re: Proper Alpines

To: Chris Mottram <c_mottram@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Proper Alpines
From: Ron Tebo <mrtebo@telus.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2004 06:47:49 -0700
Chris:

As I'm sure you know, you should contact Bob Hamilton at

http://cast.navnet.net/~hamilton/auto.htm

who has a restored set of three. (I also tried the Sunbeam - Talbot -
Darraq Register but the web address is outdated and you may have to
search for them). On the positive side, I have a friend in our local
vintage car club who is just completing the restoration of a 53 Alpine
and has not had too much trouble with parts so far.

Ron Tebo

Series I - B9000627
Chris Mottram wrote:

> I am looking at getting a 1953 MK1 Alpine to restore.
> >From all my internet searching there does not appear
> to be much in the way of parts and/or suppliers out
> there. Has anyone of you restored on of these?  I am
> worried about no supply of repair parts, whitworth
> fasteners (can't go to ACE to get those), etc.
>
> Chris

Check out the new British Cars Forum: