Re: fuel starvation?

To: Bill Mounce <bmounce@rcn.com>
Subject: Re: fuel starvation?
From: Ron Tebo <mrtebo@telus.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 05:26:39 -0700
Bill:

I would say you should see more than a couple of ounces after cranking
15 secs, if the pump is good, since there is no back pressure caused by
the float needles closing, if you use the plastic bottle - open fuel
line approach. Possibly, if the tank was cleaned but not lined with
anything, some of the original lining has come loose, and plugged some
of the jets, but even then, why both carbs at the same time? (I'm
assuming you checked all plugs and they were all dry. Will await your
answer until you get back. Have a good trip!

Ron Tebo

Bill Mounce wrote:

> Hi Ron
>
> I have heard from a couple guys, they did not respond to the group.  I
> haven't had time to play with the car, I am on my way to England today, will
> mess with it in January.  I am fairly sure it is a fuel problem, maybe
> floats.. I did rebuild the carbs recently, had the tanks boiled out, not
> sure what to look for.  One easy task will be to check for pump output.  Any
> feel for what I should see?  Maybe an ounce or so after 15 sec of cranking?
>
> Thanks again, I'll let the group know what I find.  It is vexing, as I did
> have it idling, running and revving fine.
>
> Bill

Check out the new British Cars Forum: