Original engine color

To: <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Original engine color
From: "Andy Walker" <awtiger@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2005 15:46:43 -0500
Oops...forgot to ask this in my last e-mail:

I have a Series I vintage racer that I'm in the process of building a new
motor for.  I want it to at least look "correct" under the hood for the year
of the car, even though it may not be entirely "original" inside (heh,
heh...if you get my drift...).  So, what color were the Series I Alpine
engines originally?  Is there a guide to help someone restore an Alpine engine
compartment like there is for the Tigers in "The Book of Norman"?

Thanks,
Andy Walker
Edmond, OK

Check out the new British Cars Forum: