What else is blue?

To: GRMTim@aol.com, Tiger Group <tigers@autox.team.net>,
Subject: What else is blue?
From: Rande Bellman <rande@thecia.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 18:38:09 -0400
On the Tiger Mark I, according to the June 1968 parts book, you could
get Azure Blue for the seat upholstery, front and rear carpet (it came
in several pieces), the console/armrest, and what Rootes calls Furflex
but what the industry sometimes calls windlacing-the thin mouse fur that
goes on the body in the door opening to help with wind noise (a quiet
Tiger? to borrow from Robin Williams, what a concept). Things like the
dash pad and lower knee pad came through black.

According to Rootes pictures from brochures, on the Alpine III, Alpine
IV, and Tiger Mark I, the rear top stowage covers had interior color
upholstery affixed to the covers, but the covers were painted the
exterior color. I was not able to find a listing for the inside door
trim in the parts book, but all of the Rootes sales folder pictures show
them matching the seats.

For the Tiger IA, I noticed the upper door waist roll pads just come in
black, the vertical rear compartment top stowage upholstery comes in
colors in the parts book, but the 'C' shaped waist roll that separates
them from the vinyl top stowage cover on IA's looks like it comes just
in black.

I've got great interior pictures of a really nice Alpine V (B395007288)
that looks like Med Blue outside with blue interior, and everything in
the rear of the interior, including the vinyl top boot, is blue. As Tim
suggested about his own car. you can't tell what's orginal on this car,
even though it's a beautiful car.