oversized wheels

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: oversized wheels
From: William Lewis <william.lewis@ucdmc.ucdavis.edu>
Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2005 18:45:52 -0800
I searched the archives and saw some discussions on larger wire wheels.
Some said they were using 14" MGB wheels without trouble.  I tried those on
my car and saw that the wheels contact the hubs funny.  Are there other 14"
or 15" wheels that fit an Alpine properly?  I saw one web site selling
Lotus Super 7 and Daimler SP 250 wheels under the same heading as Alpine
and MG Midget.  I will be installing new hubs and wheels this winter.

What is the widest tire that will fit without rubbing or needing sheet
metal cleared out of the way?

Bill Lewis
Frankenpine (Mostly Series II, Series V motor, Volvo overdrive, MGB
driveshaft and seats......you get the picture)