wheels

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: wheels
From: William Lewis <william.lewis@ucdmc.ucdavis.edu>
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2005 18:42:37 -0800
I have been looking at other wire wheel options for my Alpine.  I have
measured the hub length on a 14" MGB wheel and a 15" MGA wheel and found
that they are about 1/4" longer than the hub on a 13" Alpine wheel.  This
results in 2 fewer threads poking out past the hub when the wheel is mouted
on the car.  I understand that there are 7 turns to the knock off on an
Alpine, and only 4 turns if you use an MGB wheel.  Does anyone out there
have wheels that use the Alpine spline pattern where they can measure the
length of the hub compared to the Alpine?  Some cars, like the Healey,
aparently use a larger hub than the Alpine.
Happy New Year.
Bill Lewis