Lucas switch help

To: <alpines@autox.team.net>, "Tiger List" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Lucas switch help
From: "Andy Walker" <awtiger@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2006 17:06:54 -0500
Okay all you Lucas gurus out there:

Here's your chance to show off your Lucas knowledge to everyone on the list.
I'm in the final stages of restoring the dash and instrument panel on my '60
Alpine Series I vintage race car.  I am attempting to keep everything "period
correct" as far as instruments and switches go, although I'm not going to
retain the stock switch layout.  Obviously, since it is a race car, things
like windshield wipers, headlights, panel lights and heater switches are not
going to be utilized.  I am, however, planning to use the original style
switches to operate the "ignition on," "fuel" and "start" circuits.
Consequently, I've got several questions regarding the switchgear I need to
use.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the Series I only have one speed
wipers, thereby necessitating the use of an "on-off" two-position switch?  If
that is the case, that's what I would like to use to operate the "ignition"
and "fuel" circuits (does anyone have any nice ones they'd like to part
with?).  As for the "start" circuit, did Lucas ever manufacture a
Sunbeam-style toggle dash switch that was a "momentary on-off" switch (aka one
that returns to the off position once you let go of it)?  If so and somebody
out there has one, I'd love to take it off your hands.

I think you guys can see where I'm going with this...I'm trying to keep the
original look but rearrange things to work for me in the racing application.
Can anybody out there help me out?

Thanks,
Andy Walker
Edmond, OK
B382001600LRXFE Tiger Mk1A
B9006857LRX Alpine Series I vintage racer