World's Fastest Sunbeam Wannabe Tranny Issues and other things

To: "tigers@autox.team.net" <tigers@autox.team.net>,
Subject: World's Fastest Sunbeam Wannabe Tranny Issues and other things
From: drmayf <drmayf@mayfco.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2006 18:19:28 -0700
I hope the trans problems are behind me now. When I got back from
SpeedWeek, I removed the engine and tranny, removed the transgo modified
valve body and then did a sorta screw up. As I was removing one of the
case mods I inadvertently drove a small bugs/orifice farther into a
fluid passageway from the govenor in the transmission. I decided that an
expert was in order so I took the unit to a local transmission shop.
While there, a quick inspection showed the overdrive band to be very
loose, like it was not meshed with the servo or the case pin on the
other end. When torn apart we found that the OD band had been completely
destroyed and the drum it rides on was damaged beyond repair as well. No
other damage was found in the transmission. However, lemme tell you,
those two pieces and their support pieces are really expensive since the
drum carries a mechanical diode (not a sprag). The tranny was rebuilt
and it is now back in the car along with the motor. I need to put the
rear coil overs on, the rear tires and diagonal link and the rear of the
car is back to original. In front, I need to put the turbos back on
along with a new 90mm Mass Air Meter and modified turbo inlet manifold.
ANd the radiator. Change the oil, fill the tranny and fire it, with
fingers crossed.  When the tranny is up to full and warm, I will do a
small test for the throttle valve pressure and adjust as needed. I need
to smear a bit of paint on the new seat belt and crotch belt attachments
and put the tranny tunnel and fire bottles back in. I should be done
with this by Tuesday.

I can make World of Speed! If it runs.  WOS is 13 through 16th. Drive up
on  the 11, setu up and tech on the 12th. In line on the 13th!

ANd i certainly hope the tranny behaves itself this time...

mayf, out in pahrump