Ride Height

To: "Alpines" <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Ride Height
From: "Rob Wiseman" <alpine61@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2006 03:50:40 -0700
I recently put the suspension on my #2 Alpine and put it on the ground.  It
has not had an engine in it for probably at least 15 years maybe more.

Currently the car is sitting much higher than my #1 Alpine.

My question is without anything in or on the car, how much space should I see
between the top of the tires and the bottom of the wheel well.  How much will
the weight of the engine, trans, doors, hood, interior, etc. close this gap.

My #1 alpine only has about 1".  Right now I think I am about 6-8" in front
and about the same in the rear.  Not the look I am looking for.

Rob