Re: [Alpines] Aftermarket Wiring Harnesses?

To: Dan Eiland <deiland1@elp.rr.com>, Alpine List
Subject: Re: [Alpines] Aftermarket Wiring Harnesses?
From: Bob Hamilton <hamilton@accesswave.ca>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 08:53:13 -0300
Hi Dan,

I bought a harness for my 1953 Alpine from British Wiring
(http://www.britishwiring.com/) outside Chicago and was very pleased
with their product. Original loom and colour coding made it easy to
install and everything fit perfectly.

Just a satisfied customer.

Later,
Bob

At 12:07 AM 6/18/2007, Dan Eiland wrote:
>I have been looking at different aftermarket wiring harnesses for a project
>car of mine and was wondering if others on the list have had any experiences
>with these they would like to share. I have spoken with some friends of mine
>that are into the Hot Rod scene and they recommended I use the EZ Wiring
>Harness. The consensus seemed to be that the EZ harness was basically the
>same as the Painless Harness but at less than half the price. I couldn't
>find anyone locally that had anything bad to say about the Painless or the
>EZ harnesses other than the Painless Harness hurt their pocketbooks whereas
>the EZ Harness was a little easier on the pocketbook. Just wondering if any
>of my car friends out there have had any experiences with these aftermarket
>harnesses they could share.
>
>TIA,
>Dan Eiland
>El Paso, Texas
>1974 JH
>1973 GT6
>Ex Sunbeam Owner

Robert (Bob) A.C. Hamilton, Waverley, Nova Scotia, Canada
Sunbeam Talbots - Alpine, Drophead and Saloon, 1953-1954
Sunbeam Talbot Web Page: www.sunbeamtalbot.info (or .org)
E-Mail: hamilton@accesswave.ca or robertach@ca.inter.net