Re: [Alpines] Alpines Digest, Vol 1, Issue 11

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Alpines] Alpines Digest, Vol 1, Issue 11
From: Jay_Laifman@countrywide.com
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 11:31:41 -0700
Hi folks,
my S4 has original Lucas ignition with points. This summer engine don?t
take
revs. With full throttle and acceleration engine runs very  rough above
about 3000 rpm.
What is special is, that this occures only now and then. My diagnosis goes
to coil or condenser. In case ignition timing is out this symptom would be
present all time. I think it is better when engine is cool, but gets worse
when hot.

When you check your timing, are you getting full advance?  I had similar
problems when I found that my distributor's weights had rusted stuck and
were not giveing any advance.

Jay

Confidentiality Notice: The information contained in and transmitted with this
communication is strictly confidential, is intended only for the use of the
intended recipient, and is the property of Countrywide Financial Corporation or
its affiliates and subsidiaries. If you are not the intended recipient, you are
hereby notified that any use of the information contained in or transmitted
with the communication or dissemination, distribution, or copying of this
communication is strictly prohibited by law. If you have received this
communication in error, please immediately return this communication to the
sender and delete the original message and any copy of it in your possession.