Re: [Alpines] No revs

To: "Lauri Lehtinen" <lehtinen.lauri@kolumbus.fi>, <mrtebo@shaw.ca>,
Subject: Re: [Alpines] No revs
From: "Lauri Lehtinen" <lehtinen.lauri@kolumbus.fi>
Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2007 01:10:28 +0300
Thank for your intrest!
That lovely, allmost reliable Sunbeam was about to leave me on the road.
Well, it did, but I changed the coil, with minor effects, but we could get
home. Then, I found out that condenser I bought could not fit into the
distributor housing. It was from a Matzuzuyotaondabaru or what ever. Then I
screwed it next to the coil - that same lead from distributor comes of
course to the coil.

I could easily reach 5000 rpm with 2nd gear. Maybe more, but my homestreet
has an open air Bierstube (=pizzeria, which main article is beer and
schnapps, and pizzas are a kind of camouflage) so it was wise to find only
out that the bad guy was called signore Don Condenser.

There are 2 lessons:
- The condenser can work outside of it?s normal atellier
- ask your friends in the net. They normally remember some odd things that
you remember not by yourself. That hint that one copper strain can be
allmost earth contact was one of those things that can make you mad.
Typically it is not posseble to shoot this trouble, because it hides unseen.

Lauri Lehtinen
journalist, engineer
Helsinki, Finland
Mobile: +358 400 851988