[Alpines] Assistance with Sunbeam Alpine evaluation, please?

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: [Alpines] Assistance with Sunbeam Alpine evaluation, please?
From: William Lewis <william.lewis@ucdmc.ucdavis.edu>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 12:44:12 -0700
This message came to the Sacramento United British Sports Car Club.
Unfortunately, I will not be heading up to Lake Tahoe for several weeks
(work, soccer tournaments, etc.)  Is there anyone on this list who is near
south lake, or anyone have a knowledgeable friend at South Lake who could
take a look at the car?
Bill Lewis
FrankenSeries II

 From: "Blackwell, Rusty" <rusty.blackwell@primedia.com>

 Hello Jim, Ian, Kim, and Bill,

 Do any of your club members live or work near South Lake Tahoe, CA?

 For many months, my wife and I have been searching for our first vintage

 British car, and I think we may have found The One--a 1967 Sunbeam Alpine.

 The only problem is that it's near Lake Tahoe and we are in Michigan. I'm

 quite serious about purchasing this car, but I'd like to have someone check

 it out for me in person before I send the seller any money ... or before I

 buy a plane ticket or schedule any vacation time.

 The link to details about the Alpine:

 http://reno.craigslist.org/car/393971242.html

 I've spoken with the owner on the phone, emailed extensively, reviewed a

 number of photos, and now the next step is an in-person inspection, which

 I'm hoping you can assist me with.

 I'd be willing to pay gas money and/or a small fee for the inspector's

 trouble.

 A Sunbeam-knowledgeable person would nice, but that's not crucial. I'm

 mainly wanting to ensure that there are no surprises.

 (Incidentally, I work for Automobile Magazine, and if I buy the car, I will

 write about it, whether on our Web site or in the magazine; if your club is

 helpful, I'll be sure to mention that as an illustration of how solid the

 old British car community is. If your club isn't helpful, however, I'd just

 leave that part out of the story ... no bad-mouthing.)

 Thank you for your time.

 Sincerely,

 Rusty Blackwell

 --

 Bill Pugh

 anabil007@ comcast.net

 Wallace, CA

 __._,_.___

 Messages | Files | Photos | Links | Database | Polls | Calendar

 (Embedded image moved to file: pic10677.gif)Yahoo! Groups

 Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch format to

 Traditional

  Visit Your Group

        Automotive business opportunity

        Northern california