Re: [Alpines] window regulator and wiper questions

To: Bill Mounce <bmounce@rcn.com>, 'Alpine Discussion List'
Subject: Re: [Alpines] window regulator and wiper questions
From: "Paul R. Breuhan" <prbreuhan@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2008 10:34:21 -0400
Bill,
Keep the wiper assembly, you never know what parts you might need.

The window glass sits in a channel and there should be a stop (a little
aluminum rectangle) on both ends that screws in to prevent too much movement
up or down. You need them out to completely remove or install the glass.

Paul
> From: bmounce@rcn.com> To: alpines@autox.team.net> Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2008
08:30:44 -0400> Subject: [Alpines] window regulator and wiper questions> >
Hello all> The Paperweight project is moving forward, dash installation is
proving to> be, uh, challenging. I never realized how large my hands were
until I went> to assemble the heater controls with the dash in situ! Luckily I
checked> my wipers and they were not working, so with everything disassembled>
replacing the wipers was no problem. That leads to my first question, is>
there any value in a wiper assembly that does not work? Can is be rebuilt> or
is it junk? Further, does anyone want it?
> Next, my driver's side window regulator works, but when I get it cranked
all> the way up (glass currently removed), the handle keeps going. In order
to> roll it down, I need to push down on it to engage the teeth, and then it>
rolls down just fine. Is my regulator shot, or am I merely missing a piece>
that limits its travel?