Re: [Alpines] diy badges

To: "Mike Hooper" <mike.hooper@Panavision.co.uk>,
Subject: Re: [Alpines] diy badges
From: tom.hill@att.net
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 12:41:55 +0000
Hi Mike,

I had some H120 inserts made for my Alpine a few years ago at the local
advertising specialty shop.  Their business is making various engraved and silk
screened goodies for things like nameplates for desks and the like.

I took a standard Alpine side badge and told him what changes I wanted.  He was
able to paint the whole piece black, engrave the lettering from the back and
then paint the letters silver.  They came out pretty nice.  He was able to
pretty well match the font pretty well too.  The only issue was the little
reliefs on the back of the badge.  I think they make room for the motif
surround mounting clips.  Even without the reliefs, everything fits up pretty
well.

I had a few extras made . . .

Tom Hill