[Alpines] bill atalla

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: [Alpines] bill atalla
From: "William Lewis" <william.lewis@ucdmc.ucdavis.edu>
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2011 19:50:43 -0700
There is an article in this months Hagerty magazine stating that Bill
Atalla has built a 165 hp Alpine motor.  Anybody know what mods he used?
It would be nice to know what mods get you the biggest bump for the buck.
I have rebuilt my series II car with a 1725 cc motor bored to 0.030 over,
balanced, ported with the dual exhaust off the early series cars. I have
an electronic ignition and built an adapter to use the early series
distributor in the series V block.  I drive my car for fun and I don't
want to put the $150,000 in my car that Bill put into his.  That would
definitely impact the fun factor.

I am still using the old Zenith twin carbs with the log manifold.  I would
like to go with twin side draught carbs but I don't want to have to twist
the block or relocate the firewall components.  I would also like to have
a carb that can still use the vacuum advance.  Anyone know of a way to do
that?

Apparently, Bill wrote a book "Race Car in the Making" and is launching a
website www.buildyourclassiccar.com  The site is currently under
construction and I don't see the book on Amazon.

Bill Lewis
Alpines@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $17.25